Elsyca ECoatMaster is a CAD independent software platform for the simulation of the automotive electrocoating process of a body-in-white (BIW). The software helps the corrosion engineers with upfront, accurate, and detailed information on the E-coat layer thickness and current density distribution over the vehicle and inside reinforcement structures. E-coat issues can now be addressed early in the design phase, thereby significantly reducing risk, time and associated costs.
Key features are:
- unique solution for preparing dedicated electrocoat meshes based on CAD neutral vehicle models;
- an advanced proprietary physico-chemical model that scientifically describes the E-coat process and paint characteristics;
- modeling of the vehicle trajectory (RoDip, camel back, … including live entry and exit) over the entire process duration;
- modeling of the transient voltage programs for the different anode groups in the tank;
- excellent proven correlation between predicted and measured paint thickness values;
- very fast turn-around times for iterative zoom box simulations on a reinforcement structure (e.g. A, B pillar, or rocker panel);
- Elsyca XPlorer, the visualization and post-processing environment that allows sharing 3D simulation results with other stakeholders.
With Elsyca ECoatMaster, the automotive corrosion engineers should no longer rely on expensive prototype test runs or on sub-optimal simulation tools that do not provide accurate results in a reasonable process time. In case of conflicting requirements (e.g. adding a hole in the interest of electro-coating may conflict with crash requirements), Elsyca ECoatMaster becomes an indispensable tool to substantiate design changes.