Elsyca CorrosionMaster is a CAD based software platform for simulating the inherent corrosion susceptibility of assemblies of various substrates and/or metallic coatings.
Elsyca CorrosionMaster identifies corrosion hot spots and predicts corrosion rates. The engineer can quickly evaluate design alternatives to improve the functional life, and can judge the difference in corrosion life depending on the environment in which the product will be operated (for example coastal versus inland).
This is not a simple look-up of galvanic potentials. The technology is based on FEA (finite element analysis) techniques solving for the potential distribution in a thin film over the surfaces of the assembly as a function of material/environment polarization characteristics.
Key features are:
- models from any CAD package can be imported as STL grids;
- from component level to full assembly level models;
- automated high-quality meshing included – no user interaction required;
- allows thin films of arbitratry thickness (for corrosion cases under immersed conditions CPMaster is used) ;
- supports time stepping for accumulation of corrosion damage over service life;
- allows modeling of shape change due to corrosion;
- supports sacrificial coatings;
- includes model for paint degradation;
- Elsyca XPlorer, the visualization and post-processing environment that allows sharing 3D simulation results with other stakeholders.
From our customers and research partners:
- TFT, Indiana, USA: "The corrosion on aluminum trunnion was identified and was perfectly in line with real-life experience"
- Navair – Department of Defense, USA: "Galvanic corrosion FEA modeling can identify – upfront - the locations of corrosion 'hot spots' and provide an indicative severity (corrosion rate) on systems of interest to Navair. The prediction matches the service corrosion !"